The Elkland Area Community Library was founded in 1912 by the Ladies Shakespeare Club.
From 1950 until 1995 the library was located at 111 E. Main Street in the E. W. Coates Building;
The library moved to 110 Parkway Avenue, in September of 1995 to the former Keystone Building. The
building was donated to the library by the Citizens & Northern Bank.
This building was originally built to house the Elkland Leather Company garage and laboratory.
Library Board of Trustees
Susan Dorrance, President
Lorraine Butler, Vice-President
Lois Churchill, Secretary
Mary Heitzenrater, Treasurer